This post may contain affiliate links. I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you that goes towards supporting Fluffy Stitches. All opinions are my own. Full Privacy & Disclosure Policies HERE.
2020 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along
The holidays are almost here, and to help you get all those handmade presents ready on time, let me introduce you to the 2020 Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along!
What is the Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along?
A crochet along (aka CAL) is an event where makers from anywhere in the world work on the same project at the same time.
The Holiday Stashdown Crochet Along is a CAL hosted by CAL Central in their Facebook and Ravelry groups. This is the 6th year running. And this year features designs from 26 different crochet designers who are all contributing with free crochet patterns for handmade holiday gifts, decor and wrappings! And guess who will be one of the featured designers?? 😉
Join us on this great event and let’s get all our presents done ahead of time, while building community! Oh, and did I mention that you can also win awesome prizes? 😀
How does the CAL work?
Every Monday and Thursday from September 21 through December 17, 2020, we’ll share a free crochet pattern by a different designer. Each pattern will be a one-skein project, or a stash buster/scrappy project, so you can work from your own existing yarn stash to make a great winter holiday gift, decoration, or wrap. If you’d like to go ahead and buy some yarn just for the project, we won’t stop you! We love yarn as much as you do.
We’ve teamed up with thirteen wonderful companies – Babé Crochet, Bags by Awesome Grannie, Clover USA, GlassEyesOnLine, I Like Crochet, JitterBeanMugs, Knitter’s Pride, Kraemer Yarns, Nelsonwood, Search Press North America, Unicorn, Walnut Farm Designs, and WeCrochet – to gather some amazing prizes for our end-of-CAL giveaway.
Don’t forget to enter the giveaway in this post on Underground Crafter by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, December 31, 2020! Be sure to scroll to the end of her post to enter for some serious crafting goodies!
How to join the CAL
- You can join in by crocheting the patterns as you have time.
- Share your progress and post pictures of your finished projects. Tag your projects and posts #CALCentralCrochet and #HolidayStashdownCAL on all social media.
- If you’d like to chat with other crocheters, join the CAL Central Crochet Facebook group, or visit this thread in the CAL Central Ravelry group.
- By the end of the CAL, you’ll have up to 26 gifts, decorations, or wrap projects for the winter holidays.
Who is contributing and when
Be sure to visit each designer’s website for the free pattern, or go to Underground Crafter’s Announcement Post for the updated link.
And don’t forget to show your support by following these designers on your favourite platforms.
- September 21: Pattern 1 by Underground Crafter
- September 24: Pattern 2 by ChristaCoDesign
- September 28: Pattern 3 by Hooked for Life Publishing
- October 1: Pattern 4 by Oombawka Design
- October 5: Pattern 5 by Jessie At Home
- October 8: Pattern 6 by Fluffy Stitches : YAY! That’s me!! 😀
- October 12: Pattern 7 by The Stitchin’ Mommy
- October 15: Pattern 8 by Littlejohn’s Yarn
- October 19: Pattern 9 by Stitches n Scraps
- October 22: Pattern 10 by 3amgracedesigns
- October 26: Pattern 11 by The Loopy Lamb
- October 29: Pattern 12 by 5 Little Monsters
- November 2: Pattern 13 by Creations by Courtney
- November 5: Pattern 14 by Moogly
- November 9: Pattern 15 by Through The Loop Yarn Craft
- November 12: Pattern 16 by Creative Crochet Workshop
- November 16: Pattern 17 by Loopingly Made
- November 19: Pattern 18 by Heart Hook Home
- November 23: Pattern 19 by Annie Design Crochet
- November 26: Pattern 20 by The Blue Elephants
- November 30: Pattern 21 by E’Claire Makery
- December 3: Pattern 22 by Fiber Flux
- December 7: Pattern 23 by ACCROchet
- December 10: Pattern 24 by Traverse Bay Crochet
- December 14: Pattern 25 by Crochet for You
- December 17: Pattern 26 by MJ’s Off the Hook Designs
- Crochet at your own pace
- Thursday, December 31, 2020: Deadline for entering the end-of-CAL giveaways (see this post on Underground Crafter for more details and to enter)
Are you ready?
I am so excited to be part of this CAL and I can’t wait to see each and every designer has prepared for us!
Ready to get started??
Let’s get this CAL going!!